This site has moved to h7.prb.org as of March 10, 2021 – please do not update this site.
PRB’s vision is a world in which decisionmakers improve the health and well-being of all people through evidence-based policies and practices.
To further this vision, we inform people around the world about population, health, and the environment. We also empower people to use this information to advance the well-being of current and future generations.
We work in around the world and in the United States and with a wide range of partners in the government, nonprofit, research, business, and philanthropy sectors. Rigor and objectivity define our approach.
Insights – Research and Analysis
PRB analyzes demographic data and research to provide objective, accurate, and up-to-date population information in accessible formats.
Impact – Capacity Strengthening
PRB provides tools and training, and builds coalitions, to help others understand and communicate effectively about population issues.
PRB convenes and engages researchers, policy advocates, policy stakeholders, and decision makers to foster evidence-based dialogue.
PRB's Core Areas of Expertise
PRB’s Core Capabilities
- Analyze, translate, and disseminate data and research, and conduct original research on population, health, and the environment.
- Create and disseminate innovative communication products and tools to enhance learning and policy messaging.
- Strengthen the capacity of researchers, advocates, journalists, and others to use and communicate data and research.
- Develop and support communities of practice around utilizing data and research in key subject and issue areas.
- Convene and engage to generate meaningful dialogue and collaboration.